Clear or Ceramic Braces
If you desire a perfect smile but are hesitant about your appearance with braces, then clear or ceramic dental braces are ideal for you. These braces are less noticeable than traditional metal braces. Due to their higher aesthetic quotient, ceramic or clear braces are the most popular choice for teeth straightening among adults and older teenagers.
If you are looking for ceramic dental braces in Vail, NY, get in touch with Vial Orthodontics. Our smile team will assess your teeth, create a treatment plan to ensure that your customized ceramic braces provide you with the best teeth straightening results.
Ceramic Braces Vs. Traditional Braces
- The ceramic braces have higher aesthetic value than metal braces. They are made of clear materials, matched to your teeth color, making them look almost invisible.
- The brackets and wires in ceramic braces can be made to match the shade of the tooth enamel. This blends well with your teeth as compared to metal braces.
- Ceramic braces are a bit more expensive than conventional metal braces.
How to Take Care of Your Ceramic Braces?
Why Choose Ceramic Braces?
- Although the structure of ceramic braces is similar to conventional metal braces, they are almost invisible because they are customized to match the color of your teeth.
- Although the archwire used in these dental braces is made of metal, it can be customized to suit the shade of your tooth enamel, making it less noticeable.
- The ceramic brackets are smaller as compared to that of metal dental braces. Hence, these braces take lesser space, making them look better.
- These braces use a bonding agent that does not demineralize the tooth enamel. In fact, it gives strength to keep the braces resilient throughout the treatment.
- Ceramic braces are made from alumina compounds, and hence they are non-porous and resilient.
- Technological advances have made it possible to remove these braces once the treatment is done without causing damage to the tooth enamel.