The efficient two-phase pediatric orthodontic treatment begins with phase one, the interceptive orthodontic treatment. Our dental clinic in New Windsor, NY has the facilities and experienced practitioners to provide this treatment. The interceptive orthodontic treatment, essentially, takes into account the teeth straightening and creation of a functional bite that enables your child to have better oral health. It aims to create a proper foundation for your child’s teeth, promoting healthy jaw and dental development. A wide range of bite problems can affect the oral health of your child, including the untimely loss of baby teeth, crowded teeth, underbite, overbite, or crossbite. It is best to get them treated at an early age.
At Vail Orthodontics, we understand the importance of a friendly atmosphere for the child to feel comfortable throughout their orthodontic treatment. In addition to providing effective two-phase treatment, ensuring their satisfaction is also a top priority for us. Our trained staff makes sure to treat them with special care and attention from the beginning of their interceptive orthodontic treatment, all the way through the phase-two.
What is Phase One or Interceptive Treatment?
- Protruding front teeth which occurs due to thumb sucking at an early age, if left untreated risks injury or tooth loss.
- Underbites and overbites.
- Anterior crossbites or posterior crossbites, cause asymmetric and unhealthy jaw growth, gum abrasion or extreme tooth wear.
- Early or late falling of baby teeth leads to crowding and uneven teeth which is difficult to correct later on.
The interceptive treatment involves the usage of appliances to rectify the oral structure of the child. Depending on the customized treatment plan your child gets during the consultation, we recommend a palatal expander or a partial set of braces. Over the span of 6-12 months, followed by a resting period, our dental team will assist your child regarding the maintenance of a proper oral hygiene routine when wearing the appliance. During the resting period, the teeth erupt naturally.
The success of phase one treatment will ensure that the permanent teeth of your child will have an appropriate eruption path and subsequent healthier growth.
Why Does Your Child Need the Phase-one Interceptive Orthodontic Treatment?
There are numerous benefits of the interceptive orthodontic treatment, including:
- Proper teeth and jaw growth
- A reliable foundation for healthier eruption and development of permanent teeth
- Lower risk of injuries in the gum, tooth, or jawbone
- No speech problems due to misaligned teeth
- Reduced risk of needing extensive and expensive orthodontic jaw surgeries with age
- Decreased chances of teeth bruxing or grinding, cavities, tooth decay, or periodontal diseases
From the first orthodontic evaluation to subsequent follow-up visits, you can trust Vail Orthodontics to take care of your child’s orthodontic treatment needs. We assure affordable and convenient orthodontic care and treatment